Vision XT-E Meter Platform for Low-Cost Smart Metering from Metering and Technology Solutions
The Vision XT-E (Enhanced) is the “fully-loaded” kWh meter offered by Vision. In addition to having all of the standard features of the ST meter platform, it is also compatible with multiple Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solutions and provides on demand in-the-field data. The XT-E is ideal for Midwest electric meter systems in need of a low-cost smart metering solution or utilizing kV billing.
This enhanced version of the XT meter has been upgraded with more memory, a stronger power supply, additional filtering and two zero crossing circuits to allow better performance of the SSN NIC. To allow more flexibility with internal switches and cost, two new meter packages were developed.
You can view any or all of the variable data and look at how the customer is using power when integrating the meter with Vision’s 20/20 software. Instantaneous Phasor Diagrams are available to view what is happening at the customer’s site in real time. You can also save the diagrams and other information to review at a later time.
Both Class 100 and Class 200 switches can be included in the base of either package. Class 100 switches are available in Forms 1S, 2S, 12S and 16S meters, while Class 200 switches are available in forms 1S, 2S, & 12S. Additional functionality includes four-quadrant metering for KVARh and KWh along with the ability to output VARh pulses for testing. The larger package can be used for all meter forms while the smaller package can be used for Forms 1S, 2S, 3S, 4S & 12S. All materials used in the production of the XT-E are UL listed and are the same as those found in our UL listed meters.
With the Vision XT platform Load Profile, TOU, Reactive, Demand, Four-Quadrant Metering and Net Metering are all included at no additional cost.
Vision XT-E Meter Platform Specifications:
- ANSI C12.18, C12.19, C12.20 & C37.90.1 Compliant
- Utilizes Shielded Current Transformer(s) for Measurement
- 120 – 480 VAC Input Voltage
- LCD Display is soldered to the board
- Load Profile
- Time of Use
- Reactive Metering
- Event Log
- Delivered, Received & Net Metering
- Four Quadrant Metering for KW & KVarh
- Alternate Mode with programmable display values
- Accuracy +/- 0.2%
- Shipped with Accuracy better than +/- 0.15%
- Designed for 20 Year Life
- Battery options for Display, Ram, and Clock
- Continuous Instantaneous KW Available
- Uses Vision 20/20 Software for Programming
- Starting Watts < 1.2 @ 120 VAC
- 50/60 Hz +/- 5%
- Utilizes Maxim Teridian Technology
- -40 to +85 ºC operating temperature
- 5 to 95% humidity non-condensing
- 100 or 200 Amp Switch Option(s)
- 32-Digit User Defined Security
- Optional Pulsed Output Board