Itron Mobile Radio for Walk-By Reading and Endpoint Communication from Metering and Technology Solutions
The Itron Mobile Radio is a walk-by reader and programmer for use with smart meters and endpoint solutions from Itron. This portable, lightweight device utilizes Itron’s proven SRead technology in a two-way 900 MHz radio for communicating with water, gas, electric, and telemetry endpoints using Itron Mobile or Field Deployment Manager. The Itron Mobile Radio is designed to handle the rigors of a field environment, providing a dependable hardware platform for utility personnel. The Itron Mobile Radio has also been designed to handle environmental elements as each unit is tested to ensure reliability as it relates to rain, dust and drop conditions.
Walk-by meter reading is performed with the Itron Mobile Radio using a connection to a tablet or smart phone via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), making communications easy and fast. The Itron Mobile Radio supports Advanced AMR two-way commands with Itron endpoints for extracting datalogging messages, reading consumption and performing secured shutoff and reconnects operations.
The Itron Mobile Radio can also perform field activities such as field investigations, endpoint installation, programming, resetting and unlocking devices. Coupled with a Bluetooth-enabled laptop or tablet, the radio streamlines field activities to help make field technicians more efficient and productive in their daily tasks. This is an ideal solution for utilities with in-house operations (such as a meter shop) where the lightweight, easy-to-use Itron Mobile Radio is a practical fit or those who already utilize mobile computing solution equipment in the field. The Itron Mobile Radio uses an internal 2270 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery, allowing operating time of over 10 hours on a single charge (results may vary based upon target endpoint types and usage). The battery can be replaced if required. Batteries can be recharged with standard micro-USB charging cables, commonly available as phone chargers. The Itron Mobile Radio features an integrated circuit that measures battery life, capable of accurate battery information in the form of percent remaining life as reported to supported applications. The power indicator (LED) lets the user know when the battery is low.
- Extract 40 days of daily or hourly interval data from advanced gas and water endpoints
- Extract 40 days of daily, hourly or 15-minute interval data from CENTRON® Bridge meters
- Perform real-time demand reset and extract TOU data from CENTRON Bridge meters
- Remote disconnect for gas, water and electricity services
- Extract up to 480 days of voltage readings from the 100T-CP module
- Collect leak data from water endpoints equipped with acoustic leak sensors
- Fulfill special read requests such as move-ins and move-outs
- Daily data for customer service and billing disputes
- Monthly gas balancing reads
- Data to facilitate load studies and conservation programs
- Data to support mid-cycle rate changes
- Power source: Internal 2270 mAh, 3.7V single-cell lithium-ion battery*
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +60° C
- Humidity limits: 0 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 09 in x 2.90 in x 5.63 in
- Weight: 65lb or 10.4 ounces
Product Data Sheets:
To view some of the resources you will need Adobe Reader
Metering and Technology Solutions is your provider of mobile radios for endpoint communication for Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska.