Advancing Metering Transparency for Municipalities and Rural Communities
Metering transparency refers to the ability to replace inaccurate or failing water meters without affecting or replacing your current data collection systems. After years of service, water meters start to slowly fail and put out usage data that are in many cases much lower that actual water flow. This leads to lost revenue to the utility company. MTS has the ability to replace almost any water meter and register (encoder) and interface those with your existing ERT or endpoint. There is no need to replace the meter reading technology or data collection system with the installation of a new water meter.
Metering transparency offers many benefits
By implementing a strategy of replacing water meters with the concepts of “metering transparency,” municipalities and rural communities alike can see significant revenue enhancements and can better allocate their assets. Replacing water meters with state-of-the-art, reliable, and accurate meters can help address issues such as:
- Over billing, under billing
- Inaccurate water flow and use measurement issues
- Water loss issues, resulting in lost revenue
- Help optimizing operational efficiencies and workload on personnel
- Cost controls and cash flow
- Eliminate utility billing based on historical estimates
- Reducing time in the field for re-reads, inactive, or non-reporting meters
- Customer satisfaction and confidence
Metering and Technology Solutions is your trusted partner when it comes to metering transparency solutions for municipal and rural customers in Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska.